Saturday, April 25, 2009

The MMOS Project

So I have this idea for an MMOS, a massively Multiplayer Online Story. Essentially, it is a collaborative choose your own adventure story, similar to the Save Hazel campaign or the interactive TV Shows on Take180. However, this would be a text game via Twitter. I would begin by Twittering in character, then my followers would have to give me advice and info to help me get out of a dangerous situation. Currently i am working on researching wild west train robberies, museum archiving and frontier towns to flesh out the story. I hope to have the story completed by mid-May, then have the game started and completed by the end of May. I think I need to have a set start time, my main character needs a twitter of her own, an in-universe website for reference, and then a large "hidden" cache of info. This will be a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment